Step aside avocado, pizza toast is here! This past Friday afternoon, I hopped on Instagram Live with our in house nutritionist, Lyssandra of Native Palms Nutrition. We talked about alot of things like the importance of certain carbs in your diet, and how avocados aid in nutrient absorption. . . you can check it out on Native Palms Nutrition's IG.
One thing we mentioned in our nutrition Q&A was Pizza Toast! Lyssandra gave us a nutrient dense recipe, without cheese, that will totally give you all the pizza feels. For instance, there is lycopene in cooked tomatoes, artichoke hearts and olives, all loaded with plant nutrient antioxidants...the olives are also a great source of vitamin E...the topped fresh herbs and spices are anti-inflammatory... nutritional yeast and hemp add protein and vitamins...and, the Super Bloom Sourdough is a great zero sugar carb to help balance your hormones.
Here is what she told us...
Lyssandra's Pizza Toast
You can totally start with a jarred sauce, just get a high quality one with minimal ingredients. Or, make your own!
- Super Bloom Sourdough
- Tomato Sauce
- Fresh herbs: oregano, thyme, rosemary, basil
- Nutritional yeast
- Red pepper flakes
- Sea Salt
- Marinated artichoke hearts
- Chopped onion or Fennel
- Olive oil
- Hemp seeds
- Toast a thick slice of sourdough (or a bagel cut in half)
- Heat your sauce up on medium high
- Add herbs and spices and mix in nutritional yeast
- Add veggies and heat up until its bubbling, stirring often
- Plop on your toast, sprinkle hemp seeds and drizzle olive oil
- Serve Immediately!