Great bread is made without preservatives.
Follow these simple steps to maintain your bread’s fresh-from-the-oven goodness.
- If unsliced, keep the bread in a paper bag at room temperature. Once the bread is cut, place the sliced side down on a flat surface to retain moisture.
- For best results, we recommend immediately freezing any portion that will not be used within 3 days in a plastic bag. Your bread will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Slicing Your Bread
- We recommend a high quality serrated bread knife with a steady grip.
- Slice with a gentle, sawing motion.
CAUTION: Please do not attempt to slice frozen bread as it is easy to cut yourself if the knife slips.
Storing your bread in plastic will soften the crust. To recrisp, follow directions below.
- Freeze (up to 3 months) in a plastic bag with the air squeezed out as much as possible.
- Thaw in the unopened plastic bag at room temperature (bread will reabsorb the ice crystals).
- To warm and re-crisp, remove from the plastic bag and place in a 350° oven for 10 minutes.